[c-nsp] Different SUPs in 7604

Yevgeniy Voloshin yevgeniy.voloshin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 03:22:28 EST 2007

I open SR in Cisco TAC, and this is answer:
-----TAC-----
If I understand you correct you want to use two Sup32s in a 7604 chassis.
However, you wish to use two different models of sup32 (WS-SUP32-GE-3B and
WS-SUP32-10GE-3B) in the same chassis for supervisor redundancy.

Considering the differences between these two modules, I would be very wary
of using them in the same chassis for redundancy.

The WS-SUP32-GE-3B has 8 gigabit ethernet ports while the WS-SUP32-10GE-3B
has only 2 tengigethernet ports. The difference between these two modules is
significant. I'm sure there may be issues with the failover process because
of these differences.

In conclusion, I would say yes the two can be used in the same chassis,
however not for failover redundancy.

I send this link that describes the different features of the modules:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_data_sheet0900aecd801c5cab.html

I hope this answers your question.

So they works together!

---