[c-nsp] Problem mith MLPPPoE after provider switches from J to C ...

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 07:02:06 EST 2007

I just received Feedback from Telekom, stating something like this:
"Multilink pakets (I assume he means the ones that are distributed over
multiple lines, as the ML-connection itself comes up fine) are
transmitted with a different packet type(?), which is not 23 as expected
for PPP(oE). While Juniper still forwards these coincidently, Cisco does
not at the moment. This is being addressed by a future release which is
supposed to be out middle/end of the year. Apart from that, Telekom had
never promissed the usability of such a feature (e.g. Multilink or
IPv6)", therefore I'm more or less at the mercy of software bugs ...

So, what other ways are there to reliably set up a connection via PPPoE
using multiple lines? I would imagine something like multiple single
connections, with packet load balancing or something? Essentially the
same I'd do on multiple E1's by adding routes with same preference to
multiple interfaces? Or is there a more elegant solution?

Tnx, -gg