[c-nsp] Sup32 Memory upgrade

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Fri Feb 23 11:13:40 EST 2007

At 03:43 AM 4/28/2006, 'Kristian Larsson' wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:29:26AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > I was under the impression that it will hold 256K
> > > routes and thus the system would hold for ~2-3
> > > years.
> >
> > 256k TCAM entries, but they need to be carved up to "IPv4", "IPv6",
> > "MPLS" and "multicast routes".  Not 256k + 256k + 256k + 256k, but
> > 256k for everything in total.
>Yes, I am aware, although I thought that you could
>partition it 100% IPv4 and nothing else. It would
>seem 244 something thousand is max for IPv4.
>But that is good enough for me.

Does anyone have a page which shows this tuning? I can't seem to
locate the relevant config snippets in mailing list archives or with Google.

>Isn't there some great Cisco 6500 bible where you
>can find everything you ever wanted to know about
>the 6500? :)

My thoughts exactly. Even on Cisco's site, lots of this information
is very difficult or impossible to find unless you already know the
answers then you can search for the right config commands and find
the document which lists those commands.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin