[c-nsp] Can't upgrade rommon on 7609/sup720-3bxl - Corruption on local copying?

Phil Rosenthal pr at isprime.com
Sun Feb 25 08:53:34 EST 2007

Hi,

This is on SRA1 ...

Just curious if anyone else has seen this:
#upgrade rom-monitor slot 5 sp file http://10.10.10.50/c6ksup720-
rm2.8-5-1.srec
Copying http://10.10.10.50/c6ksup720-rm2.8-5-1.srec onto SP's
bootdisk...
Feb 25 08:43:27 EST: %SREC_OPEN-SP-4-ERROR_OPEN:
%Error: Can't open sup-bootflash:upg_sp_rommon.srec

I receive this same error if I try it from http or tftp, and if I try
copying the .srec file to disk0: or sup-bootdisk: first manually, and
then upgrade from there, it takes the command and does absolutely
nothing - no errors at all.

Also on a related note, I seem to have found the hard way with SRA1
that if you copy an image from disk0: to sup-bootdisk: the image
seems to get corrupted fairly reliably -- As in:
1) copy from tftp or http to disk0:
2) change boot to load off of disk0:
3) It boots
4) copy from disk0: to sup-bootdisk: