[c-nsp] Can't upgrade rommon on 7609/sup720-3bxl - Corruption on local copying?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sun Feb 25 09:47:55 EST 2007

On (2007-02-25 08:53 -0500), Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> This is on SRA1 ...
>
> Just curious if anyone else has seen this:
> #upgrade rom-monitor slot 5 sp file http://10.10.10.50/c6ksup720-
> rm2.8-5-1.srec
> Copying http://10.10.10.50/c6ksup720-rm2.8-5-1.srec onto SP's
> bootdisk...
> Feb 25 08:43:27 EST: %SREC_OPEN-SP-4-ERROR_OPEN:
> %Error: Can't open sup-bootflash:upg_sp_rommon.srec

Copy it to local bootdisk before trying. If it's hot spare
SUP, I haven't yet found way to make it work, I've opened
case CSCsh45183 against the issue.
I lab works a-ok if I do switch-over and upgrade both SUPs when
they are active.

> I receive this same error if I try it from http or tftp, and if I try
> copying the .srec file to disk0: or sup-bootdisk: first manually, and
> then upgrade from there, it takes the command and does absolutely
> nothing - no errors at all.

Try 'bootflash'.

> Also on a related note, I seem to have found the hard way with SRA1
> that if you copy an image from disk0: to sup-bootdisk: the image
> seems to get corrupted fairly reliably -- As in:
> 1) copy from tftp or http to disk0:
> 2) change boot to load off of disk0:
> 3) It boots
> 4) copy from disk0: to sup-bootdisk:
> 5) change it to boot off sup-bootdisk:
> 6) it doesn't boot

Do you have cflash bigger than 512MB? If so, I believe it might be
the cause.

--
  ++ytti