[c-nsp] rtg

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 28 12:43:39 EST 2007

Hi,

> the main developer seems to have lost interest and the folks he left the
> source code with aren't exactly responsive or making much progress in
> recent times.
>
> i did some modifications to improve rtgpoll (not rtgplot) performance
> and features:
>
> http://mu.org/~billf/yrtg/
>
> but the patches don't apply to the current cvs tree. the diff is probably
> as large as the codebase for rtgpoll itself. my commit access to rtg was
> denied (?) so any future work i do will be a fork.

likewise we have been doing some work on the last version (0.8) - mainly fixing
things so that RTG poll worked, fixing the rtgplot so that it worked and by default
gaves graphs looking like the previous version - in fact, most of the 0.8 package
didnt do much before these tweaks and the new rtgplot needed lots of changes within
the rest of the toolset. I was going to arrange a site to host such changes but
the previous reply makes it seem more sensible to pool resources to get a 0.81
or such out the door and public. its a great tool (though needs many speedups now
to compete with the enterprise tools!)...

alan