[c-nsp] rtg

Wed Feb 28 19:12:02 EST 2007

My performance problems don't seem to be with rtgpoll, least I don't think
so.  My problem is when viewing a graph for say a month's worth of traffic,
this takes several seconds to generate, and from what I can tell the sql
query pulling the data is what's taking most of the time.  Generating one
graph in a few seconds isn't a huge deal, but when trying to view a daily
traffic for a 24 port switch this can take forever and a few seconds per
graph starts to take even longer...  I'm still using 0.7.4 package they
provided, not the cvs.  I've thought about switching to 0.8 but it sounds
like that ver will be broken.

Right now I'm polling about 12 devices and 576 ports.  Server is a Dual
Xeon, 6GB ram, raid5 U320 SCSI...

~Shaun