[c-nsp] rtg

bill fumerola billf at mu.org
Wed Feb 28 19:49:22 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:12:02PM -0800, Shaun wrote:
> Right now I'm polling about 12 devices and 576 ports.  Server is a Dual
> Xeon, 6GB ram, raid5 U320 SCSI...

any version of rtgpoll will not be a bottleneck here. that's a trivial
amount of targets. i can't remember if it was NANOG or this list that a
cacti[d] discussion recently took place. the cactid poller is just an
ancient version of rtgpoll with lots of bugs and thread problems.

i'm looking into using my rtgpoll with the cacti web interface (which i
like better than the rtgplot interface/website) for something nice.

this thread is way off topic, reply-to set appropriately.

-- bill