[c-nsp] IPv6 BGP on 7200

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Feb 28 13:43:08 EST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:58:47AM -0500, lee.e.rian at census.gov wrote:
> > Something ancient but very proven, 5.5(13).
>
> You could be running into a bug with the color blocking logic  (show cbl
> mod/port).

What exactly is "color blocking logic"?  My Sup (Sup3/G) claims not
to understand that command - at least I'm not sure what port to feed to
it:

switch> (enable) show cbl 9/1
Invalid module number
switch> (enable) show cbl 7/1
Invalid module number
switch> (enable)

> We had the same type of problem years ago with 5.5(something) -
> spanning tree says forwarding, rsm vlan interface says up but the packets
> are black-holed.   Although my recollection is that the problem seemed to
> only happen after lots of access layer switches rebooted at the same time..

Lots of MAC-Table and/or VTP activity might trigger it...

(Maybe it is the same issue, and rebooting the RSM for the IOS upgrade
triggered it.  Who knows).

> We were running 5.5(18) for a long time without any of those problems, so
> you might want to try upgrading to a later version of 5.5

ok, will do that.  Which is not very much fun, on one of these large
boxes, with still quite some amount of customers connected to it...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de