[c-nsp] Replace a 2950 with a 3550.

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Wed Feb 28 16:48:41 EST 2007

Long time listener, first time poster.

Have to replace a 2950 with a 3550.

The 2950 has 3 CMTS's attached to it, 2 of them are announcing 10.0.0.0
and 24.0.0.0 via Ripv2. DHCP service for the 2 CMTS units is located
remotely. The 10 network being used is 10.60.0.0/20.

I would like to add the 3rd CMTS but for testing purposes use a local DHCP
server using 10.200.1.0/24 for testing.

If I replace the 2950 with a 3550 how will the command ip routing affect
RIP?

I would like to route the /24 using a static route so the 3rd CMTS will be
able to see the local DHCP server.

As it stands now with the 2950 the 3rd CMTS can not get DHCP requests to
the local DHCP server, hence why I would like to put in a 3550. The 3rd
CMTS will be a replacement unit for one of the others and I need to test
it out before going live with it.

Thanks for any info.
Keith