[c-nsp] Possibility of using T1 VIC/VWIC to emulate T1 as comes from CO?

nealr neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Fri Jan 5 10:09:45 EST 2007

   Briefly, no.

    The least painful way to do that would be an Adtran TSU100 with a
dual port FXS card - T1 comes out one jack, two FXS ports for modems on
the other, and its easy to program. A minimal Cisco solution would be a
3620 with an NM-2V, an NM-HDV-1T1, and a lot of head scratching to get
it configured. Oh, and it'll cost about 12x the price of the TSU
solution. There is no point at all to fiddling with a WIC-1DSU-T1, as
there is no link between what it does and switching voice into a DS0.