[c-nsp] gigabit ethernet ring for metro ethernet deployment

Richard Hicks richard.hicks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:37:36 EST 2007

Why get fancy when he can do what he wants with cheap layer 3 switches.

Just draw your ring, put layer 3 switches on the ring and setup
routing between the point to point links.  Summarize IP addresses at
your break points and call it a day.

I have been running this exact setup for the last 6 years, without one
major issue.  We even had some trees take out one of the
point-to-point links and EIGRP happily routed around it.

Rick