[c-nsp] SFPs with DOM on 6500

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Jan 8 06:19:13 EST 2007

On (2007-01-08 11:03 +0000), Phil Mayers wrote:

> >>supervisors (after 12.2(18)SXE). As far as I know support for switching
> >>card ports are not possible (WS-X6{5,7}xx) - may be next generation
> >
> >Dom is optics matter, not linecard. WS-X67xx is happy to do DOM.
>
> """DOM is not supported by the WS-X6748-SFP and WS-X6724-SFP line cards."""
>
> The context is somewhat unclear. Do you have DOM SFPs on a 6748?

I have DOM in in WS-X67xx, more precisely in WS-X6704. I don't think
I have any SFP's with DOM support, so can't say for 6724 or 6748.

For what it's worth:
LAB-PE3#sh int trans dom | i SFP
   DWDM SFP                 ALL
   CWDM_SFP                 ALL
   Rx_only_WDM_SFP          NONE
   SX_SFP                   ALL
   LX_SFP                   ALL
   ZX_SFP                   ALL
   SX SFP                   NONE
   LX SFP                   NONE
   ZX SFP                   NONE
   GIgE BX U SFP            NONE
   GigE BX D SFP            ALL
LAB-PE3#

Next question is, what is difference between _SFP and ' SFP' :)

--
  ++ytti