[c-nsp] Serial T1/E1 Card

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Jan 9 03:42:00 EST 2007

With SNMP, you usually query the input/output octet counters and do the
load calculation yourself (delta/interval), so the load-interval doesn't
play any role here. I don't think there is a "load" MIB OID you can
query directly..

But I don't think you'll see micro-burst decreasing the load interval.
I'd first try some load test application (like iperf) to see if you
really can't get more than 1.5 Mbit over the link.
Do you see any output drops on the interface? If you do, it could be
TCP's backoff behavior resulting in a less efficient BW use, try
enabling random-detect on the interface and see if this makes a
difference. It could if there was a larger number of TCP applications
using this link..

	oli

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on Tuesday, January 09, 2007
8:47 AM: