[c-nsp] BFD bug in IOS SXF6

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Jan 12 14:36:20 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:31:35AM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Can you please try any BFD test on 12.2(33)SRA latest code and not SXF?
>
> There were some large changes to BFD and scheduling to improve this
> and they will not be back ported to 12.2(18)SXF.

Did it get pushed down to the linecards? This is the only way I'd even
consider trusting it, as the RP CPU is thrashed far too often even under
the best of circumstances. I can't use the MSFC3 in a BGP edge role (few
transit feeds, a couple dozen peers, iBGP links, etc) even with policies
optimized for replication on anything less than almost all 180 sec
hold-times without getting false positive BGP session drops.