[c-nsp] upgrading WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE to sup720 3bxl on 6509

Gustavo Rodrigues Ramos gustavo at acmesecurity.org
Tue Jan 16 12:04:29 EST 2007

Hi,

We did this upgrade too and the problems we have with the configuration
we use (PBR, vlan rate-limit, etc) in the hybrid mode was much annoying
than the the minor changes we have to do to move from catos to ios
configuration mode (native). The configuration converter utility [1]
should help in this process too. However, as other guys said, it's
better to write "by hand" a new configuration based on the older one.

[1] http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/CatCfgConversion/catcfg_xlat.pl

When moving from hybrid to native, we also have to upgrade the rommon
version to support the new IOS image.

Gustavo.