[c-nsp] VRF-aware management

Church, Chuck cchurch at multimax.com
Wed Jan 17 10:36:39 EST 2007

All,

	We're seeing a need to use a VRF on 6500s with Sup720 for
management purposes, as we've got some IP conflicts between our
management network and some customer networks.  All customer networks
will reside in the global routing table, but our management functions -
syslog, SNMPv3, SSH, and copying via SCP we'd like to put in a VRF, with
a single static VRF route covering the routing.  My question is if
simply configuring the 'source-interface' for 'logging', 'snmp-server',
and 'ip ssh' is enough, since the source interface I was going to use is
in the necessary VRF?  The copying via SCP puzzles me.  I didn't see any
keywords in there for naming a VRF during a copy command.  TFTP allows
you to name a source interface.  Is there a trick to doing that?  Or
does the SSH configured source-interface cover the SCP copying as well?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Church
Network Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE