[c-nsp] VPDN - Stop accepting new sessions

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Jan 18 09:31:57 EST 2007

Steve Wright <mailto:steve at stevewrightonline.co.uk> wrote on Thursday,
January 18, 2007 3:07 PM:

>> Can't you control this on the LAC?
>
> Unfortunately, the LAC is out of our control (as with most in the
> UK!)    :(

Yes, I thought the answer would be "no" :-|

> The challenge we sometimes face over X number of tunnels is
> that loading on a particular tunnel is much higher than the other; but
> in an effort to rebalance sessions they often come back into
> that tunnel (as well as just being weighted around).

Right, but you could control this by using a session-limit. If the limit
is hit, the LNS will send a resource-not-available-type of failure code
which should trigger a fail-over to other LNS.. The trick is now to
correctly manage this limit, I'm not sure if changes to the
session-limit vpdn-group configuration on the LNS will take effect for
existing tunnels :-|

	oli