[c-nsp] WS-X6724/6748 optimization

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Thu Jan 18 16:39:26 EST 2007

Having learned blade specific configuration considerations "after the fact" in the past with regard to port/ASIC mapping and throughput limits (e.g., WS-X6348 with 4 COIL ASICs, ports 1-12, 13-24, 25-36, 37-48) I thought I would ask in advance of setting up configurations on these blades for etherchannel performance.  For example, on cards like the WS-X4448, no sense in doing gigabit etherchannel on ports of the same ASIC when the ASIC itself is limited to a gigabit.  Don't want to make the same mistakes again :-)

The WS-X6748 for example shows:

> Module in slot 2 has 3 type(s) of ASICs
>         ASIC Name      Count      Version
>             JANUS          2      (1.0)
>               SSA          2      (9.0)
>            ROHINI          4      (1.5)

(The 6724 shows 1/1/2 for same ASICs)

I'm guessing the 'ROHINI 4' is mapping these ports similarly?  (1-12, 13-24, 25-36, 37-48?)

What's the oversubscription rate?  (Praying it's not 12-to-1...)

This is on a 6509E chassis, Sup720s.

Jeff