[c-nsp] WS-X6724/6748 optimization

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Thu Jan 18 16:56:10 EST 2007

Doh! Thought this was an internal email :) <blush>

To elaborate, 6748-GETX is as you say, 1-12, 13-24, etc. The port
mapping for the fiber version of 6748, and for 6724, is a bit
different, it is even & odd (so eg, 1-23 odd, 2-24 even, etc) but yes
it is 12 ports per rohini in all cases.

WRT oversubscription, again, the oversub is at the fabric level, not
the port level as you would see on some 4500 series cards & on the
6500 series 6148-GETX etc.

The 67xx GE cards are the highest-performance GE cards available on 6500 today.

Tim

At 01:50 PM 1/18/2007 -0800, Tim Stevenson noted: