[c-nsp] Which one? 6500 or 7600

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Fri Jan 19 09:46:52 EST 2007

omar parihuana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In a recent Cisco SP Forum I heard that the plataform for triple play
> services will be 7600 and 6500 will use 7600's software for provide the same
> services, 7600 is built for Triple play and  6500 will be "patched" for
> triple play. I believe that 7600 will be the best option (it's my opinion).

So long as the chassis both run the same hardware (sups, fabrics, wan
modules....sip/spa/flexwan) and software images, the difference is in
name only.

This is apparently the current situation.

Odds are, this can/would only change were cisco to make a concious
decision and expend the effort to do so.