[c-nsp] 6500 / 2950 issue

Rob Kuiters rob.kuiters at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 19 13:43:56 EST 2007

Hi all,

We have two catalyst 6500 running as core switches. In the access-layer
we have two 2950 switches connect to both core-switches, so one
access-switch has a trunk to core-switch A and a trunk to core-switch
B.  The core switches have a trunk in between.
We have PVST running and all looks good. On the trunks are vlans 1-799
allowed, on the trunks towards the access-layer switches are about 20
vlans active.
What we have noticed is that the telnet connection dramatically dropped
in response. SNMPget also doesn't response any more but the traffic
doesn't seem to be interrupted, or we didn't noticed it yet.
Sounds this behaviour familiar to anybody?

Cheers,
Rob