[c-nsp] High Density T1 Question

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Tue Jan 23 14:25:52 EST 2007

Correction,

  I think Turin owns the whole Whiterock product line including the
VLX300 & 400.  I hope they do something with it,  great & low cost
way of terminating DS1s

It is basically just an intel Network Engine running on a linux box.
The DSP strips the HDLC/PPP/FR  frame off the IP packet and wraps a
802.1q VLAN frame around it then throws it out the GigE port.  Not
rocket science but a very cool & flexible way of handling DS-1s.  All
the layer 3 stuff is done in the router (GigE port on a 7206 in my case)

-Matt