[c-nsp] Filtering incoming advertisements in RIP

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Tue Jan 23 18:30:23 EST 2007

Afsheen Bigdeli wrote:

Hi,

> How about setting "passive-interface default" in the router config, and
> then "no passive-interface interface-name"? That way you can explicitly
> define the interfaces that listen/respond to RIPv2 packets.

Quote from cisco.com:

| For RIP and IGRP, the passive interface  command stops the router from
| sending updates to a particular neighbor, but the router continues to
| listen and use routing updates from that neighbor;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080208748.shtml#disin

The whole process described in that document seems to be not working on
12.2(18)SXF, it explicitly states that the global distribute-list should
not be checked if there is one configured for the ingress interface. I
tried a (named) ACL instead of a prefix list as well, no difference.

Regards,
Bernhard