[c-nsp] What is a 3570?

Brian Desmond brian at briandesmond.com
Wed Jan 24 01:10:36 EST 2007

It's a 3560 with an external backplane connection. It is faster as well. You can stack and cluster and otherwise bulk manage them. Additionally it appears there are a couple of port configuration variants on the 3560 available.

Unless you have a need for a very fast uplink between two switches (backplane speed) or the port density variants I've found the 3560s to be fine for everything I've needed this type of switch for...

Of course without knowing your requirements (assuming this is more than an academic question) I have no idea whether you should run out and buy one or not.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
brian at briandesmond.com

c - 312.731.3132