[c-nsp] IOS and CALEA intercepts?

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Wed Jan 24 17:43:34 EST 2007

david raistrick wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Figured this group would be a good place to ask this question:
>
> Anyone know if Cisco has any plans to add CALEA intercept to IOS for
> normal IP traffic?   I know they have some form of support for the uBR
> side of things, but the latest CALEA extensions mean that "the rest of us"
> now have to be able to extract a customers data stream....

A vendor that uses SS8 Networks for the CALEA function, recommended a
feature called Service Independent Intercept
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6566/products_feature_guide09186a008060dece.html).

Feature Navigator lists the AS5350/5400/5850, 7200, 7100, 10000, and
3660 as supported platforms.

/Eric