[c-nsp] IOS and CALEA intercepts?

Justin Shore justin.shore at sktbcs.com
Wed Jan 24 19:48:20 EST 2007

>From having done a marginal amount of research on the topic I see the
documentation make frequent reference to a "mediation device."  I was
under the impression that you simply matched the target's traffic with
an ACL and used the LI commands to copy that traffic to the LEA over the
network.  Is a "mediation device" required for LI?  The docs imply that
the mediation device matches the CALEA request with the target by way of
AAA.  What if the user doesn't have to auth to get onto the network.
For example what do ISPs do that use RBE instead of PPPoE/A?  This is an
interesting discussion.

Thanks
Justin