[c-nsp] 3560 vs 4948 for Datacenter / iSCSI

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sat Jan 27 11:09:30 EST 2007

sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>> What about a pair of 3750s?  Might be a nice goldilocks option for you.
>>
>> Otherwise, I'd probably go with the 3560s.  Spend the savings on some nice
>> TOE cards.
>>

> 3750 is basically 3560 + stacking. So there's no point in getting 3750
> unless you really need the stacking.

3750s can do wonderful things for not only stacking, but redundancy and
load-sharing.

Traditionally if you have redundant links, you connect servers to
different switches, and each switch has its own uplinks to the core.
Spanning tree will block "one" of them.

With 3750 stacks, you run cross-stack etherchannel.  You don't pay the
STP blocking penalty.

Jeff