[c-nsp] Bugs in the 12.2(33).SRA1

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Jan 30 02:07:42 EST 2007

On (2007-01-29 22:23 -0400), Victor Cappuccio wrote:

> Wondering if anyone had expirenced this situation in a 7609 running a s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SRA1.bin
>
> (1)
> CSCsb46223 Externally found severe defect: Assigned (A) Bus error crash at Tcl_DStringAppend
> (2)
> internal bug (CSCsd76258)
> (3)
> CSCsh51688 Externally found severe defect: New (N)Switch crash due to bus error at cfib_adj_deref on SP
> (4)
>  iSPF Bug (CSCsh53926)

Haven't seen any of these, mind telling what the internal bug is about? I
do run iSPF extensively, but on IS-IS only, and no issues what so ever.
Only thing worth mentioning about SPF is that when using ECMP, SPF
calculation time increases dramatically, which is completely unneeded,
and could be implemented so that ECMP is free for SPF. If you have
aggressive SPF timers, turning ECMP on might require you to retune
timers.

I'm actually quite happy camper about SRA quality, but it might be
due to my low expectations. I'm currently running SRA1 and have only few
outstanding issues.

1) TACACS crash - CSCsg48725     (platform independent really)
2) SNMP counter bug - CSCsg58587 (subinterface output counter is double)
3) DOM + SNMP export

I also have found several CoPP bugs (CSCsg85740, CSCsf30913, CSCsf96383,
CSCse90832, CSCsf25709). Luckily no one these are particularly fatal,
I've been able to workaround them and keep on using CoPP.
Funnily enough, 2nd one is marked as unreproducible, while cisco has
confirmed that they've seen it.
Most important of those is probably CSCsf96383, after I found it, I
realised 70% of my boxes were not doing CoPP in hardware. Today I check
it in crontab each morning, to verify that CoPP is programmed in hardware.

Perhaps what I'm most annoyed is lack for DOM statics over SNMP, which
used to work great in SXF. But SRA tries to check if SFP/XENPAK really
is supported for DOM, and if cisco deems it is not, it happily
displays DOM in CLI, but according to TAC intentionally does not export to
SNMP. But at least for me, even supported XENPAKs (such as cisco DWDMs)
mostly do not export DOM over SNMP in SRA.

Thanks,
--
  ++ytti