[c-nsp] Sup720-3BXL code

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Jan 31 19:11:24 EST 2007

I'm preparing to deploy a pair of 7613s, each with a single 720-3BXL.
The code that was ordered was 12.2(33)SRA (S763AIK9-12233SRA).  We went
this route with the understanding that Cisco was working on code that
supports CALEA.  Does anyone happen to know anything about this upcoming
release?  Is there an ETA for it?  What's the designated product release
called?  Any other info?  Limitations?  I have to include this in CALEA
documentation in the next couple of days for the filing of our form 445 .

My other questions are about the various code releases for the 720-3BXL
and the module itself.  Is SRA the code that gearing more towards SPs or
is it the SX code?  My money is on the SRA code.

We already had to drop a pair of SVC-WEBVPN modules and a pair of
6066-SLB modules due to an IOS conflict.  Is this an example of what was
discussed a month ago with the split of the BUs (starting with the 7500
EoL announcement that turned into a 6500 vs 7600 BU thread)?

Is there a good comparison of the various code trains and what each does
or does not support (especially with regards to the SMs)?

We haven't even powered these chassis up yet and already their's a new
Sup.  Did the expected life on our Sup720-3BXLs just shrink on us?
Should I press our AM to swap them for RSP720s?  We hadn't even received
our 7600 shipment yet when the RSP720 was announced.

Thanks for the info
 Justin