[c-nsp] NPE-G1 - 3rd Party Approved memory issues?

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Tue Jul 3 10:12:31 EDT 2007

Heya,

  We've had a number of issues whilst using 3rd party "cisco approved"
memory in NPE-G1s , where boxes reload and give the following as their
reason:

router uptime is 30 minutes
System returned to ROM by error - an unknown failure, PC 0x0 at 14:33:23
BST Tue Jul 3 2007
System restarted at 14:36:25 BST Tue Jul 3 2007
System image file is "disk2:c7200-jk9s-mz.123-19.bin"

Has anybody seen this before? is it likely to be a memory problem or a
G1 manafacturing issue?

This happens across 12.2S and 12.3M trains (already been down the bug
route!)

The last box this happened to was given a complete RMA (and the
replacement contained cisco memory) so we are unable to tell what the
cause of this was.

Any advice appreciated.

Kind Regards,

David Freedman