[c-nsp] P to P T1 timing issue?

Yuri Lukin lists at swaggi.com
Tue Jul 3 18:19:55 EDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 16:03:29 -0600, Kienzle, John wrote
> It is a vwic 2mft t1-d1 card in a 3845 series router. CRC errors,
> aborted packets and carrier transitions. The interface appears to
> stay up, so does the controller port.
>
> Update - TAC is thinking we have a bad card after further review.
>
> John Kienzle
> Senior ITS Analyst

Are you using both ports on the VWIC for two different T1s? Either way you
should have the following properly configured:

network-clock-participate
network-clock-select

Also, take a look at CSCdw34472 & CSCds14450.

I've had so many customers replace "bad" VWICs only to find out the real issue
was badly configured timing or simply a software bug.