[c-nsp] P to P T1 timing issue?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Jul 5 09:38:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 02:53:16PM -0600, Kienzle, John wrote:
> We are configuring our routers for a point to point T1 circuit.  We are
> using a similar config as we have had in the past with T1's. The problem
> we seem to be having is the connection goes up and down continuously. In
> fact, it will be up for 20 seconds, down for 10 seconds, and then
> repeats.

If the line is configured for "encapsulation hdlc" (the default) it
could be a line that's running one-way.  Cisco HDLC and keepalives
interact in funny ways with one-way lines.

Try "debug serial int" on both sides to see what keepalive sequence numbers
are getting through, and are coming back.

> Anadarko Confidentiality Notice:

Bah.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/