[c-nsp] MPLS and VLAN on same FE or GE interface ?

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Jul 4 06:53:52 EDT 2007

On Wed, July 4, 2007 10:24 am, Code Monkey wrote:

> Back in 2003 I failed miserably at configuring two 7206 VXR so that
> their FE interfaces could be connected to a VLAN switch, running MPLS
> in one VLAN and non-MPLS in other VLANs.

I've done this in a previous life, using the on-board ports on the I/O
controller, one VLAN for tag-switching and one for vanilla IP.  (For
different reasons, relating to IPSec hairpinning mis-features, but the
same set-up).

Unfortunately I don't have access to the config any more to check, but I
don't recall anything different to what you've posted.  What IOS?  I've
had this running on 12.0S (sorry, again, can't access to check exact
release), and with suitably enlarged 'tag-switching mtu' (will depend on
how many labels you need space for).

Regards,
Tim.