[c-nsp] MPLS and VLAN on same FE or GE interface ?

Code Monkey have.an.email at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:05:32 EDT 2007

On 7/4/07, Matthew Kirkland <matthew.kirkland at uk.clara.net> wrote:
> Code Monkey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Back in 2003 I failed miserably at configuring two 7206 VXR so that
> > their FE interfaces could be connected to a VLAN switch, running MPLS
> > in one VLAN and non-MPLS in other VLANs.
>
> We run this quite happily , Have you adjusted the mtu on the interface ?
>
> tag-switching mtu 1508
>
> should make room for both the vlan tag and the mpls tags

OK, since it *is* possible then it must have been either some problem
in my 2003 IOS or else (most probably) a problem with the non-Cisco
switch I was using at the time, and that I've mostly junked since
then.

I'll buy my equipment on the assumption that I'll succeed, then, and
if I don't I'll be back :-)

Thank you.