[c-nsp] ISP Connection

Gary Roberton gary.ciscomail at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:20:02 EDT 2007

Hi

I have a 'raw' internet feed from my ISP who has also allocated a /25
address space.  My ISP is using the first address for thier kit and I have
the next address on my 2801 f0/0 interface.  I want to place a firewall on
f0/1 so would normally use ip unnumbered but you cannot have this on an
ethernet interface.  What would be considered best practice?  I don't really
want to turn the router into a bridge unless I have to.  This router is
required for policing so cannot drop it out of the infrastructure.

Cheers

Gary