[c-nsp] Unicast storms

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at autempspourmoi.be
Wed Jul 4 10:37:11 EDT 2007

> Hi Vincent,
>  I'm saying it works just fine but the implementation is sucky. I use it
> extensively but you just need to set your thresholds pretty high to make
> sure they arent tripped. I also usually have it just filter rather than
> shut the port that way it will auto-recover.
>
> As to what 'pretty high' is, you will have to figure out what works for
> you. For my customers using 10-30Mb something in the order of 10000pps is
> plenty.

Stephen,

thanks for your reply, but in the meanwhile I have understood (thanks to
Brian) that "unicast storm-control" does not look at unicast frames with
unknown destination address (as I initially thought), but just at *any*
unicast frame, which is not I want to do.

So I'm giving up trying to use this feature (which IMHO is not very
interesting).

Thanks again,

Vincent