[c-nsp] Unicast storms

Stephen Wilcox steve.wilcox at packetrade.com
Wed Jul 4 12:02:21 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 06:32:16PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> On (2007-07-04 15:44 +0100), Stephen Wilcox wrote:
>
> > I take it you mean unicast frames with mac addresses that are currently unknown to the switch on that port? In which case you cant limit it that way.. but you have two options:
>
> In risk of repeating myself, you can rate-limit them on PFC3C platforms and
> you can block them completely in most platforms.

Hey,
 I thought we were talking of non-PFC platforms but I re-read and we havent established what platform it is. In which case I would be wrong.

And yes you can block them (port block unicast) but I'm not sure if that was what Vincent wanted as he was looking at rate-limit solutions.

Vincent? :)

Steve