[c-nsp] Filtering BGP routes with route-map vs. not getting them in

OCOSA ListAcct listacc at ocosa.com
Fri Jul 6 15:02:49 EDT 2007

True if really want to use option b...

use this string to get routes directly connected to your upstream or
originated.

ip as-path access-list 5 permit ^upstream as goes here_[0-9]*$

or

to deny any networks originated form your upstream...and allows
everything else which could be bad if your router does not have at least
512MB

ip as-path access-list 6 deny _upstream as goes here$
ip as-path access-list 6 permit .*

If I remember correctly you can also limited the amount of prefixes a
neighbor can send you...

router bgp as number
nei x.x.x.x maximum-prefixes and the rest....

I think the command is

Otis