[c-nsp] Bug with 12.2(18)SXF8 on 7600/SUP2?

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:17:42 EDT 2007

We recently upgraded some of our 7600s/SUP2s to SXF8 and now are
seeing the following error messages at random times.  When these
events occur, the router has CPU issues where it will drop BGP/OSPF
sessions due to hold timers expiring and drop interfaces due to
missed keepalives.  The documentation on the error message points to
a possible hardware problem, but we have seen this on 6 routers thus
far and it's highly unlikely it's a problem with bad hardware.
Generally we'll get a few of these in a row and then things
stabilize.   I've been investigated a link between these events and
heavy BGP update times, but haven't found any concrete data as of
yet.   We have opened a TAC case and have thus far gotten nowhere.

Jul  7 15:24:24.551 UTC: %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 1 is
experiencing the following error: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error
Jul  7 15:24:31.545 UTC: %PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 1 is
experiencing the following error: Bus Asic #0 in sync

Phil