[c-nsp] Sup32 Active Standby Switchover

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 12:53:15 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 15:58 +0000, xdsgrrr at consultcommerce.com wrote:
> Ok my ospf coverge in 1-2 seconds in case of fiber cut ot upluging
> cable ,  ldp too but when i go and make  redundancy force-switchover

OSPF shouldn't have to converge at all using NSF.

LDP is not SSO-aware in the 12.2SX code. You *WILL* lose adjacencies
performing a switchover if you're using MPLS. 12.2(33)SXH will
apparently fix this, or 12.2(33)SR on 7600s.

> it take's 30 seconds to converge ,  strange i mean this is unacceptible

30 seconds? God, a full converge should take less than that (unless
you're running full or big BGP tables).

> for rtp protocols :)
> all advices are appreciated .

Silly question but - the routers at the other end are also SSO/NSF-aware
right? You are aware both ends need support?

Are you using the ports on the sup?

I've benched our sup720s performing a switchover in well under a second,
so you're definitely getting something wrong.