[c-nsp] Cisco certification testing will soon require biometrics?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Jul 11 09:41:29 EDT 2007

I received an email Cisco last night about changes to their
certification options.  Essentially they are dumping Prometric and going
with Pearson VUE.

http://tinyurl.com/ynpmzy

One of the reasons they listed on this page was because Pearson could
support biometrics.  Has anyone else heard about about this?

http://tinyurl.com/26bv9v

"Shifting to a primary support vendor worldwide will advance test
security through the deployment of advanced biometric and data forensic
technologies, facilitate the rapid localization of exams around the
world, and allow for increased certification scalability and coverage."

Does anyone else not have the warm and fuzzies for giving up their
biometric info to any company, Cisco not withstanding?  I understand the
problem of people paying someone else to take a test for them, but
gathering biometrics?  That seems a little over the top to me.  Frankly
I thought 2 photo IDs was more than enough to verify someone's identity.
  Paying for 2 fake IDs would come with a prohibitively high price tag
for most folks IMHO.

Thoughts?
   Justin