[c-nsp] ASA - packets tripping on NAT rule?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Jul 11 21:48:54 EDT 2007

I'm configuring a new ASA 5505 at a remote site and have a site-to-site
VPN working between the main office and the remote site.  Users were
experiencing problems reaching a server at the remote office over the VPN
tunnel, and when I did a packet trace, I saw traffic failing at the last
step, which was a NAT rule check.  This struck me as very odd since
traffic that traverses the VPN tunnel is exempted from having NAT.

Has anyone run into anything like this before?

I have a sneaky suspicion this is going to be something dumb :(

jms