[c-nsp] 6500 and IPv6

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Jul 16 15:05:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,
Can someone enlighten me as to which IOS a 6500 with a Sup2/MSFC2 can do
IPv6?  I've tried a few different ones, but either my MSFC crashes, or
the image is too large to fit onto the 32MB bootflash.  Loading from
sup-disk0 doesn't seem to work, presumably because the file is larger
than 16MB - while trying to download the image, it times out a few
minutes into the download.

I'm aware that the MSFC2 can only do IPv6 in software, which is
currently not a concern, as I am just testing at the moment.

I've currently got a Sup2 w/ 128MB DRAM and an MSFC2 with 512MB DRAM.
I've tried c6k222-pk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD7b.bin, but my MSFC crashes shortly
after booting with an exception error.

Thanks in advance,
evt