[c-nsp] Bugs in the 12.2(33).SRA1

Emanuel Popa emanuel.popa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:02:01 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

Regarding this old thread, I've recently discovered that DOM is no
longer supported for XENPAK-10GB-LR with 12.2(33)SRB. And I'm not
speaking about SNMP. Not even CLI show of transceiver DOM.
Fortunately, transceiver DOM is still available for XENPAK-10GB-LW:

router#sh ver | i IOS
Cisco IOS Software, c7600rsp72043_rp Software
(c7600rsp72043_rp-ADVIPSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(33)SRB1, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc3)

router#sh int status | i Gbase
Te10/1       CENSORED connected    routed       full    10G 10Gbase-LW
Te10/3                          disabled     1            full    10G 10Gbase-LR
Te12/1       CENSORED connected    routed       full    10G 10Gbase-LW

router#sh int te10/1 transceiver
[...]
                                         Optical   Optical
         Temperature  Voltage  Current   Tx Power  Rx Power
Port     (Celsius)    (Volts)  (mA)      (dBm)     (dBm)
Te10/1     34.8       0.00      29.2 --   -2.6      -6.2

router#sh int te10/2 transceiver
Diagnostic Monitoring Data is not available.

why is that DOM feature not supported anymore? there was no problem
regarding DOM with CLI in SXF or SRA.

regards,
emanuel popa