[c-nsp] Cat6500/SUP720 with 12.2SX: IPv6 unsupported?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 11:08:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 15:54 +0200, Lars Fenneberg wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm currently reading the release notes fuer 12.2SX and under the section
> "Unsupported Features and Commands" IPv6 und OSPFv3 are listed as
> unsupported. But I see them in the CLI and can also configure them. So what

The only place I can see IPv6 and the word "unsupported" in close
proximity in those release notes is under the "IOS Software Modularity
Unsupported Features" section.

IPv6 and MPLS (amongst others) are known unsupported when running an SXF
modular image.

Are you running modular?

IPv6 works and is AFAIK supported on non-modular SXF builds.

IPv6 is slated for full support on modular releases on SXH