[c-nsp] Equal cost load balancing between geographically dispersed sites

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Thu Jul 26 11:54:27 EDT 2007

hey,

> At each distribution switch ("dist1" and "dist2"), I need to be able
> to load balance traffic out to the WAN. At this stage I'm only
> concerned with outbound (LAN to WAN) load balancing. This is the only
> key requirement - effective use of both (expensive) WAN links is my
> goal.

Assuming you use 2 DMVPN tunnels today (main and backup set with igp metrics),
you could split it up to 4 tunnels and tune metrics so half (or whatever %
you need) of the wan offices use wan1 as primary, another half wan2.

If you tune backup metrics high enough, the primary paths will always be
preferred, no matter how long the path through the network is - unless there
is an outage.

--
tarko