[c-nsp] T1 to Ethernet Tunnel

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Fri Jul 27 10:19:39 EDT 2007

I have a unique situation where a customer needs a point-to-point link.
   However the media on both ends is not the same.  On one end we have
can only do T1, on the other side, Ethernet.

As the provider we want to do this as a straight Layer2 play and not get
into the customers IP routing. (if they're using IP at all, I assume
they are)

Basically what we have is:

T1 --> 7200 ---> IP cloud -----Ethernet----> 184x ---Ethernet-->endpoint

I'm thinking an L2TPv3 tunnel beetween the 7200 and the 1841, but is
that doable by tunneling the T1 to Ethernet?  THe IP cloud has QoS and I
want to tag these L2TPv3 packets for EF (as they will more than likely
be carrying voice)  Possible?

TIA

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

"Document code?  Why do you think they call it ""code?"""