[c-nsp] Hot Swaping 7206 Power Supplies

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jun 5 07:58:48 EDT 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Richey wrote:

> I've always been told that the card slots in the non VXR 7206s were not hot
> swappable.  I've got a non VXR 7206 with 1 AC and 1 DC power supply.  The DC
> needs to come out and an AC stuck back in it's place because it's new home
> does not have DC power available.  Can you hot swap the power supply in the
> non VXR 7200s?

If the new home doesn't have DC, one would assume the router isn't powered
up there, so hot swapping the power supply is not an issue.  According to
cisco docs, you can't mix AC and DC supplies in a 7200.  I've never tried
it to see what happens.

BTW, the cards are hot swappable.  Do a search for 7200 OIR (or as many
have come to call it, Online Insert and Reboot).