[c-nsp] HSRP with 2 LAN switches

Scott Dunn wonderslug at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:42:19 EDT 2007

Hi Group,

I had 2 x 3835 running eBGP for WAN redundancy (primary/shadow) and
running HSRP for LAN failover to 1 switch. I've recently added a
second switch, so now each 3825 is connected to 1 switch. The HSRP is
working except for a the LAN interfaced failure (unplugged) on a 3825,
the BGP continues to route but the traffic has nowhere to go. If there
a way to tear down the external BGP if the LAN interface goes down?

I've looked at Enhanced Object Tracking, but that seems only to apply
to the HSRP and can't take any action on BGP

Thanks for the help

Scott